Friday, October 29, 2010

Fruit Smoothie - Breakfast on the go

I’m not much of a morning person. In fact that’s a major understatement, so I often struggle to have a hearty breakfast before rushing out the door in the morning. With the warmer months however I love making a banana (or other fruit) smoothie to start my day.

What do I need?
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 cup of milk (I use skim or low fat)
  • 1 tbsp sweetener or honey (optional)
  • Blender or food processor

How is it done?
  • Combine all the ingredients at once
  • Blend until smooth
  • Serve
It’s that simple!

Tips and tricks: For added variety use half a banana and ½ cup of berries, or if you’re not a banana fan replace the banana totally using 1/3 cup strawberries and 1/2 cup blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment