This is my favourite dish of the Cook Islands. Every time we go for a trip, it's the first thing I want to eat. It's an old family recipe of DHs and the first time we tried making it ourselves.
What do I need?
- 500 grams ling fish
- 1 can coconut cream or milk (optional, see Tips and Tricks below)
- 6 lemons
How do I do it?
- Soak the whole ling fillets in salt water for 30-60 minutes
- Squeeze the lemons and collect the juice
- Cut the ling fillets into large chunks and marinate in the lemon juice for 30 minutes
- Drain juice from fish
- Add diced onion, capsicum and carrots