Try either the nut or the nut less version.
Makes 12 cupcakes and one loaf
What do I need?
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 cups finely grated Carrot (around 4 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, finely chopped (substitute with raisins/sultans if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
300g Icing sugar
125g Cream Cheese, cold
50g Unsalted Butter, room temp
How do I do it?
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat sugar and oil until thick, then add 1 egg at a time and keep beating for a few more minutes.
- Add salt, bicarb soda, carrots, flour, walnuts and spices.
- Mix with wooden spoon until all combined.
- Put batter in well greased loaf pan or tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until light golden and cake springs back when touched in the middle
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated.
- Turn the mixer up to medium high. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Do not over beat, as it can quickly become runny.