So the question after every Christmas is what to do with all that leftover ham? Make Scalloped Potatoes of course! This is a recipe based on one from Taste.com.au, but of course I think mine's better!
What do I need?
- 20g butter
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1kg Desiree potatoes
- 300ml milk
- Sliced ham
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 6cm deep, 15cm x 24cm (base) ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat. Set aside. Slice potatoes into 5mm-thick rounds. Pour cream into a jug. Add nutmeg, and salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes over base of prepared dish. Top with a layer of onion. Drizzle with a little cream mixture. Repeat layers until all ingredients have been used.
- Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Remove foil. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until top is golden.