Saturday, January 8, 2011

Not you're typical cake balls

Posted by Rebecca



So if you haven't yet heard of cake balls, check out Bakerella's blog. I am not the baker in the family, and these definitely confirm that theory. Perhaps in the new year my sister can show us how it's really done?

In the mean time, what do yours look like?

What do I need?
  • 1 box cake mix, I used Betty Crocker chocolate cake
  • 1 tub frosting, I used Betty Crocker Vanilla
  • 1 package nestle white chocolate buds
  • Red food colouring
  • Wax paper
How do I do it?
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream  frosting, using a wooden spoon
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet (this is where it can get messy)

4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package (I did mine on the stove, I found microwaving the chocolate burnt it).
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)



Tips and Tricks: Take your time, I did mine over three days (bake, then crumble and roll and finally dip); don't worry if they're not perfect looking, they still taste great; look on YouTube for videos of how to make if your struggling with the concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment