So if you haven't yet heard of cake balls, check out Bakerella's blog. I am not the baker in the family, and these definitely confirm that theory. Perhaps in the new year my sister can show us how it's really done?
In the mean time, what do yours look like?
What do I need?
- 1 box cake mix, I used Betty Crocker chocolate cake
- 1 tub frosting, I used Betty Crocker Vanilla
- 1 package nestle white chocolate buds
- Red food colouring
- Wax paper
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream frosting, using a wooden spoon
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet (this is where it can get messy)
Tips and Tricks: Take your time, I did mine over three days (bake, then crumble and roll and finally dip); don't worry if they're not perfect looking, they still taste great; look on YouTube for videos of how to make if your struggling with the concept.